1. You can fit your career highlights on the back of a business card.
2. You get to write songs with titles like “Her teeth were stained, but her heart was pure” or “You’re the reason our kids are so ugly”.
3. You get really good at pronouncing the phrase: “No, we don’t play the devil went down to Georgia”.
4. At gigs you can perfect your skills at playing Solitaire.
5. You get to trade banjo jokes: Did you hear about the bass player that locked his keys in his car? It took him 3 hours to get the banjo player out!
6. You’re allowed to chew tobacco as long as you don’t do it in the closet. (that’s reserved for banjo practice, sorry Gary, Jerry and Joan-I couldn’t resist.)
7. You can use your personality as a method of birth control.
8. You get to name your band with colorfully descriptive aplomb; like “The Surreal McCoys” or” I’m so thirsty I could suck a mop.”
9. You get to wear clothes that make you look like a lumber jack going to church.
10. And the top ten reason for playing Bluegrass music; It makes you smarter! You now know better than to take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time!!!!