How Flatt & Scruggs Spend Their Time

This Contest is Closed
The winner is Cecelia Chilton

NOVEMBER 11, 2022 TRIVIA QUESTION

In one of their most famous recordings, Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs seem to spend ¾ of their time “rolling in my sweet baby’s arms”. Now I’m not talking about waltz time here, I mean 75% of their time.

So, if they are spending ¾, or 75% of their time “rolling in my sweet baby’s arms”, what are they doing the other ¼, or 25% of the time? Extra points for illustrating your answer graphically.

  1. Pickin’ and grinnin’
  2. Selling Martha White Flour products
  3. “Laying ‘round The shack til the mail train comes back”
  4. Counting their money
  5. Feuding with Bill Monroe

ANSWER is “C”

Additional Bowden Comments

Well done Cecelia. We had an extry special prize had you answered in graphic form. Oh well! Thanks for playing our game.

Dick Bowden

Dick Bowden recently retired after a 45 year career in the paper industry, and moved from Connecticut to Big Indian NY (Ulster County) where he ekes out a precarious existence as a groundskeeper. Dick has been performing bluegrass music on banjo and guitar since 1966 in his home state of Maine, throughout New England, and internationally with The Case Brothers - Martin & Gibson. He has performed for HVBA with the Old Time Bluegrass Singers, and also sent in a squadron of Dick Bowden's Flying Circus. Most recently Dick has played Dobro (tm) with the Tennessee Mafia Jug Band. Dick has written many articles for Bluegrass Unlimited, Bluegrass Today, MoonShiner (the Japanese bluegrass magazine) and HVBA.

One Response

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *