The Hudson Valley: A Hotbed of Bluegrass
The Hudson Valley Bluegrass Association -- or HVBA -- was founded in 1994 to knit together the bluegrass community of musicians and fans.
The HVBA is chartered as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit arts and educational organization, we promote bluegrass and related acoustic music in the Hudson Valley through jam sessions, concerts, and open mics in conjunction with other not-for-profit organizations.
Annual membership is only $20 for all members of a household and $25 for Member Bands (Premium Member Bands pay $50/year), which are included as links on our website's sidebar. In addition to discounts to our concerts, you'll be pleased to know that you're in tune with other bluegrass fans and musicians. Use the form on our home page to join the HVBA today!
E-mail Hudson Valley Bluegrass Association for more info.
- Jam sessions on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month in Poughkeepsie;
- "Slow Jam" to encourage beginners to learn to play music with others;
- Monthly Showcase concerts for local bands
- Two major concerts every year for nationally known bluegrass bands
- Newsletters to keep you informed of events, concerts, etc.
Officers & Contacts
- David Chernack: President
- Peter Conklin: Vice President
- George Nasca: Treasurer
- Chris Scheu: Secretary
- Jon Ahmadjian
- Jeff Anzevino
- Andy Bing
- Bruno Bruzzese
- David Chernack
- Danny DiPaola
- Michael Foley
- Mike Fowler
- Neal Loevinger
- Eric Marshall
- Ed Schaffer
- David Chernack: Concert Coordination and Programming
- Mark Hudson: Facebook Manager
- Lynn Lipton: Website Manager, Program Director, Newsletter
- Lyn Milliken: Publicity
- George Nasca: Membership
- Fred Robbins: Videographer