It’s been a busy year for the Hudson Valley Bluegrass Association. I have enjoyed this year interacting with this great group of members, bluegrass musicians and friends. In 2012 the HVBA provided:
• 8 HVBA Showcases – Local and Regional Band performances, and jam
• 3 Concerts – Blue Highway, Audie Blaylock and Redline, Lonesome River Band
• 4 Workshops – 2 Mandolin, Guitar, Harmony singing
• HVBA/Dutchess County Fair Fiddle Contest
• Bluegrass at Arlington Street Fair – an opportunity for local bands to perform
• Membership Picking Party and Picnic – Great music by Too Blue
• 6 week Course “Evolution of Bluegrass” taught through Marist College Center for Lifetime Study
• 23 Bluegrass Jams – Plus we moved back to the Pirate Canoe Club (Yeah!)
I want to express my deepest thanks to everyone who volunteered to make these events a success. We hope what we provide is the right mix for all of our members. Let me or a board member know what you think. We are here to listen to you.
Looking forward to 2013 I feel it is important to focus on our concert and showcase offerings, and examine ways we can improve and provide a fresh experience for our members. To this end a poll is provided below for you to give the board input. We value your ideas and want to align our efforts with what you want.
Please “Read More” and complete the poll.